Application Leader & Support | Southern USA
Company: Our client is engaged in the marketing of petroleum products in the United States. They specialize in selling high-volume, low-cost branded gasoline at stations and at stand-alone locations in 23 states, primarily in the South and Midwest. Our client also operates a network of 7 Company-owned terminals. These terminals, along with a number of third-party terminals, supply fuel to retail and wholesale stations in 23 states.
Position Title: Application Leader & Support Location: Southern Region of United States
Position Description: The Application Leader is responsible for all aspects of the company’s software. The role will own the software development life cycle: drive continuous improvement, collect requirements, and deliver solutions.
Up to 20 direct and indirect reports whose functions are programming and analysis will report to this leader. This position will also require the management of outsourcing projects and software development within, “Software As A Service”.
Requirements: Well versed in Microsoft technologies including SQL Server and .Net architecture, should be familiar with best practices for web development and forms development and be able to take high level direction, formulate the goals, and execute the plan.
- Real world experience in developing and supporting application software.
- 3-5 years experience of management experience as an application developer.
- 5+ years experience building and enhancing a POS system:Experience with Software Development Life Cycle methodologies.
- SQL Server
- ERP experience, JDA-Solarc experience a plus
- POS and PDI experience.
- Experience with database design, querying, stored procedures, views, joins, performance.
- Excellent analytic problem-solving, critical-thinking skills.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or 10 year equivalent work experience.
Compensation: Base $125K range plus bonus and paid relocation.
Contact Jim Rafferty at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703.772.6762.