Position Description: The scope of this role is for a Business Development Director, to prospect and develop new business opportunities in the US in selected target markets. This role requires the individual to lead the identification of targets, prospecting of targets, development of a sales strategy including, determining sales messages, agreeing methods of prospecting, recommending product offerings, managing the sales cycle including RFI and RFP responses and closing sales through the contract process.
The duties outlined are not exhaustive and may change from time to time as reflective of a highly entrepreneurial and growing company.
- Lead the development of a solid pipeline of business in the finance BPO market with existing and prospective clients.
- Network extensively to stay abreast of developments in finance process outsourcing, and identify the scope to develop new offerings.
- Achievement of targets by creating a solid pipeline of new business opportunities.
- Ability to manage contractual negotiations relating to new prospects delivering new business.
- The ability to understand customer operations and an awareness of key target industry issues and challenges.
- Proactive approach to building strong relationships at multiple levels within the client organisation, introducing third parties such as consultants and advisors as required.
- Work collaboratively with teams responding to tender opportunities and servicing existing clients in reviewing capabilities to provide insight and practical advice to these existing clients.
- Work with senior leadership to ensure that solutions insight and consultancy capability are integrated into business as usual activity to enhance the global capability and offering of our client.
- Be a key member of the Finance global business contributing to the leadership of the business.
- Liaise and collaborate with colleagues across other businesses to ensure appropriate levels of consistency, knowledge sharing and joint proposition development.
- At least 7 years of relationship sales experience, selling complex solutions into large organisations supported by using professional account planning and sales planning techniques and deal closing deals.
- 5+ years experience of managing a commercial relationship with a large account client and of interacting at senior management level preferably in a high tech or internet industry.
- Ability to influence internally to CEO level and be seen across the organisation as leading and driving forward our US prospecting activities.
- Experience of service delivery and be able to demonstrate an operational understanding of customer contact management or process management.
- Considerable experience of global finance process outsourcing (and / or finance shared services) from working client side or in an outsourcing organization in the USA.
- Experience of off shoring.
- Experience of working in and managing teams in a multi-site / multi-country environment.
- A level of stature and confidence to take on an influencing and challenge role within this business and with clients, and to represent the business externally.
- Results orientated.
- Strong ability to manage and develop people and teams.
- A collaborative and team playing style.
- Ability to take the initiative with regard to identifying and winning BPO engagements and consulting assignments in the finance BPO field.
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively.
Compensation: There is flexibility with regard to remuneration and the nature of the package. It may well be the case that hires are made at different levels to reflect degree of experience. This will be discussed on an individual basis.
Company: An international outsourcing service provider with over 68,000 employees in 35 countries working to help their customers achieve success in the market. They design and implement solutions for a wide variety of business processes throughout integrated service chains.
For further information please contact Jim Rafferty at email@example.com or 703.772.6762.